Monday, November 8, 2010

make'n sensce of make'n medicine

     As I said I am an archer who loves late season black tail hunting. This hunt is getting close for those of us archers in Oregon. I am however a little differant than the average of todays archers and that differance is my medicine. See as most archers are making sure there bows are sited, arrow and broadhead match all of which were purchased. I am making the bow and string ready by waxing them both for the likely rain, both of which I built my self. I am making my arrows ready by heat straightening wild rose shafts I gathered and scraped the bark from my self. After stratening I water proof my shaft and feather it with goose feathers I have stripped and trimed my self. I use goose feathers for this hunt because of there God given ability to shed water. My spirit is truly with my equipment making my tools my medicine, thus as bygone tribals may have said, I am making medicine. Now with that said I still have to ready myself you guessed it shoot, shoot and shoot more before during and after hunting. Oh! man I'm ready to go hunting. 

1 comment: