Wednesday, October 27, 2010

hunting black tail vs. mule deer

     I am a traditional archer from eastern Oregon,though I live in mule deer country I prefere hunting black tail on the west side. Since the laws have all but stopped cougar hunting I see more big cats than trophy mule deer. On the west side however my luck seems a little different. I go hunting in the rain forest and I usually see more than one trophy buck in the course of a weekend. Beyond seeing more these animals are exciting to hunt they are a definite challenge. Black tail deer are durable,shy and sly living in the thick brush of wet lands and steep ridges of the western rain forest, a trophy buck is a true challenge. Even a doe of this brood becomes a trophy especially in late Nov. and early Dec. when the rain won't stop except to give in to snow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment